Challenge yourself to a 104.8km loop ride from Audley through the beautiful Sydney Royal National Park and back along the spectacular Sea Cliff Bridge while helping to raise funds and awareness for people living with head and neck cancer. The ride will be held on Thursday, 10 March 2022 with Guest Rider, Mark Renshaw.
RideBeyondFive is an endurance charity event for avid cyclists ready for a challenge while experiencing the beauty of our natural landscapes south of Sydney. An event not to be missed you'll be supported by Pro-Continental riders and qualified bike mechanics from Two Wheels Tours.
RideBeyondFive was the brainchild of amateur cyclists Head and Neck Cancer Australia (HANCA) Director and co-founder, A/Professor Bruce Ashford, and HANCA supporter, Dr Trevor Gardner. Following a successful inaugural event in 2019, Bruce and Trevor are back for the challenge again in 2021!
Check out the 2019 RideBeyondFive Ride
All money raised from the ride will support Head and Neck Cancer Australia.
Head and Neck Cancer Australia is the only charity supporting patients with head and neck cancer, caregivers, family and health professionals across Australia. Over 5,100 Australians are diagnosed each year - 14 people every day. As one of the least supported cancer in Australia, Head and Neck Cancer Australia's mission is to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by head and neck cancer and to raise awareness so people are diagnosed early and given the best possible treatment options.
All funds raised from RideBeyondFive will go directly towards providing free information and support to newly diagnosed patients and raising awareness in the general public. Head and Neck Cancer Australia is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission and all donations of $2 and above are tax deductible.
Click here to learn more about the signs and symptoms of Head and Neck Cancer.
The health and safety of our community is our number one priority – including our staff, volunteers and ride participants and supporters.
COVID-19 public gathering restrictions are subject to change and HANCA will comply as required, including the following:
- HANCA requires all RideBeyondFive participants to comply with the State or Territory Government COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time the HANCA event is held. HANCA will provide participants with regular updates regarding the restriction requirements.
- HANCA has developed a RideBeyondFive COVID safe plan which will assist in complying with these rules. A copy of the most up to date COVID safe plan for RideBeyondFive will be provided before the event.
HANCA requires RideBeyondFive participants not attend the event if they are individuals who:
- Currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath
- Have travelled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in Australia that has been classified a COVID-19 hotspot by the Australian Federal Government or Australian State Government, or
- Believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
In the event that COVID-19 restrictions require RideBeyondFive to be cancelled, participants will be offered three options regarding their paid registration fee:
- 1. Rollover your registration fee to a new 2022 RideBeyondFive event date.
- 2. Convert your registration fee to a donation.
- 3. Request your registration fee to be refunded.
2019 ride gallery